- Over Spring Break, I did a strategy SWOT analysis on my own writing career. My classmates wisely laughed when I told them.
- Then, because I’m a nerd, I developed some key performance indicators (KPIs) for my writing career. I haven’t told my classmates that yet, but I’m sure they’d get a kick out of it too. Hey, I mean it when I say I enjoy making spreadsheets.
- I completed 3 new story drafts (2 of which are super short) and brought one to my writer’s group for initial critiques, because the stars aligned and enabled me to attend for the first time in months.
- I booked my flights for WorldCon this August!
- I also got tickets to an event next month celebrating the life and legacy of Ursula K. Le Guin. I’ve idolized her since high school.
- I’ve been researching the link between empathy and fiction, specifically how it applies to a business setting. I’ll be posting the results of my research shortly.
Not related to writing, but last month I attended an event featuring tables decorated for an “around the world” theme. My mom put together one to represent Ecuador! I lent her some of the things my dad has brought me over the years from his trips visiting relatives or that I purchased myself, plus we printed a few of my photos from the last time I tagged along with him and brought my husband. I think the table turned out lovely and authentic. Here are a few photos: