- FOGcon 2022 Science Fictional and Fantasy Poetry Panel, February 26, 2022, 5pm PST
- Online via Zoom
- Panelists: Wendy Van Camp, Jessica Cho, David C. Kopaska-Merkel, Blaise Langlois, Denise Dumars, Brandon O’Brien, Katherine Quevedo
- Writing Your Obsessions: Unlock the Secret to Inspired Writing with Katherine Quevedo, March 28, 2022, 6:30pm-7:45pm PST
- Flights of Foundry 2022, April 8-10, 2022
Katherine Quevedo Reading
April 8, 2022, 6:00pm-6:50pm PDT
The State of Speculative Poetry
April 10, 2022, 3:00pm-3:50pm PDT
A panel on speculative poetry- defining it and discussing speculative poets, trends and publications.
Panelists: Bogi Takács, Akua Lezli Hope, Katherine Quevedo, Wendy Van Camp
- Rhysling Reading Series, poetry reading, June 3, 4:00pm-5:00pm PDT
- Online via Facebook, hosted by Akua Lezli Hope and presented by the Science Fiction & Fantasy Poetry Association
- This is the third of three virtual readings of the 2022 nominated poems for the Rhysling Award for Best Short Poem – find the full reading schedule here
- I will be reading my poem “Sonnet of the South American Sphinx”
- SFWA Nebula Conference 2021, June 4-6, 2021
Bridging Verse and Prose in Speculative Writing
June 4, 2021, 3:30pm-4:30pm PDT
What can speculative fiction learn from speculative poetry, and vice versa? Our panelists discuss how their experience in one field informs the other, where the two blend, and advice for writers trying to expand or improve their repertoire.
Panelists: R.B. Lemberg, Mari Ness, Eugen Bacon, Katherine Quevedo, May Chong
- Creating Nonhuman Characters, workshop co-led with Elizabeth Beechwood, November 21, 2021, 10am-1pm PDT
- Online via Zoom, hosted by Hugo House in Seattle, Washington
- Creating Non-Human Characters, virtual workshop co-led with Elizabeth Beechwood, July 18, 2020, 10am-1pm PDT
- Online via Zoom, hosted by the Hoffman Center for the Arts, Manzanita Writers’ Series in Manzanita, Oregon
- CoNZealand – The 78th World Science Fiction Convention (Worldcon), July 29 – August 2, 2020
In NZST: 29 Jul 2020, Wednesday 1:00pm – 1:50pm
In PDT: 28 Jul 2020, Tuesday 6:00pm-6:50pm
Will we ever fully disentangle from the physical? Blockchains, cryptocurrency, differently organic sentience. Will economic concepts of supply, demand, money, resources hold up? Evolve? Or be completely different? And what might they look like?
Panelists: Karl Schroeder, Katherine Quevedo, Eli K. P. William, Jesper Stage
Why We Read/Write/Edit Anthologies
In NZST: 1 Aug 2020, Saturday 6:00pm – 6:50pm
In PDT: 31 Jul 2020, Friday 11:00pm-11:50pm
In a world of Netflix, podcasts, and video games, where the most lucrative advances are from novels at big five publishers, are anthologies still viable? A panel of authors share why they still edit/write for anthologies, list their favorite “good reads” and invite the audience to share their recommendations.
Panelists: Katherine Quevedo, Dr. Jack Dann, Aidan Doyle, Mimi Mondal
Speculative Poetry 2020 The Rhyme of the SF Mariner
In NZST: 2 Aug 2020, Sunday 11:00am – 11:50am
In PDT: 1 Aug 2020, Saturday 4:00pm-4:50pm
What’s the state of play with science fiction, fantasy and horror poetry in 2020? And how much of a distinction is there between speculative poetry and poetry overall?
Panelists: Ryn Yee, Brandon O’Brien, Joyce Chng, Katherine Quevedo, Hester J. Rook
- Helen Schaible International Sonnet Contest 2020 Awards Ceremony, poetry reading, November 15, 2020, 11am PST
- Online via Zoom, hosted by Poets & Patrons of Chicago