- Creating Non-Human Characters, virtual workshop co-led with Elizabeth Beechwood, July 18, 2020, 10am-1pm PDT
- Online via Zoom, hosted by the Hoffman Center for the Arts, Manzanita Writers’ Series in Manzanita, Oregon
- CoNZealand – The 78th World Science Fiction Convention (Worldcon), July 29 – August 2, 2020
In NZST: 29 Jul 2020, Wednesday 1:00pm – 1:50pm
In PDT: 28 Jul 2020, Tuesday 6:00pm-6:50pm
Will we ever fully disentangle from the physical? Blockchains, cryptocurrency, differently organic sentience. Will economic concepts of supply, demand, money, resources hold up? Evolve? Or be completely different? And what might they look like?
Panelists: Karl Schroeder, Katherine Quevedo, Eli K. P. William, Jesper Stage
Why We Read/Write/Edit Anthologies
In NZST: 1 Aug 2020, Saturday 6:00pm – 6:50pm
In PDT: 31 Jul 2020, Friday 11:00pm-11:50pm
In a world of Netflix, podcasts, and video games, where the most lucrative advances are from novels at big five publishers, are anthologies still viable? A panel of authors share why they still edit/write for anthologies, list their favorite “good reads” and invite the audience to share their recommendations.
Panelists: Katherine Quevedo, Dr. Jack Dann, Aidan Doyle, Mimi Mondal
Speculative Poetry 2020 The Rhyme of the SF Mariner
In NZST: 2 Aug 2020, Sunday 11:00am – 11:50am
In PDT: 1 Aug 2020, Saturday 4:00pm-4:50pm
What’s the state of play with science fiction, fantasy and horror poetry in 2020? And how much of a distinction is there between speculative poetry and poetry overall?
Panelists: Ryn Yee, Brandon O’Brien, Joyce Chng, Katherine Quevedo, Hester J. Rook
- Helen Schaible International Sonnet Contest 2020 Awards Ceremony, poetry reading, November 15, 2020, 11am PST
- Online via Zoom, hosted by Poets & Patrons of Chicago